TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BOOKING WITH ADVENTURE GURUDONGMA-KALIMPONG
- There is no contract between the Company and the Client until the Company has received the full payment.
- The Company has the right at any time and for any reason:
- To cancel the contract prior to the date of departure and if it does so, its liability shall be limited to refunding all monies paid by the Client without payment of any interest.
- To amend, alter, vary or withdraw any tour, adventure activity, holiday, excursion or facility, it has advertised or published or to substitute an independent contractor (including hotel) of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary. In either case, the Company shall not be liable for any damage, additional expense or consequential loss suffered by the clients or for any compensation claim.
- Adventure Gurudongma cannot be responsible for any improper services provided by any agency, Airline, Transport, Hotel, any provider of services including guides, for any injury, death, loss or damage which is caused by the act or default of the management or employees of any Hotelier, Airline, Shipping Company, Coach owner/Coach Operator who are the Company?s independent Contractor arising outside our normal selection and inspection process or acts of Government authority, wars, civil/political disturbances, natural calamities (landslides, floods, earthquakes etc), strikes, bandh or any delay or changes of itinerary including extra expenses which the Client may incur as a result of any of the foregoing causes.
- The Company shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable to the client or any person travelling with him for:
- Any death, personal injury, sickness, accident, loss, delay, discomfort, increased expenses, consequential loss, and/or damage or any misadventure howsoever caused.
- Any act, omission, default of any independent contractor, Hotelier or other person or by any servant or agent employed by them who may be engaged or concerned in the provision of accommodation, refreshment, transport or service for the client or for any person travelling with him howsoever caused.
- The temporary or permanent loss of or damage to baggage or personal effects howsoever caused. In this condition the expression “howsoever caused” includes negligence on the part of any person.
- No liability on the part of the Company arising in any way out of this contract in respect of any tour, holiday, excursion facility shall exceed the total amount paid or agreed to be paid for the holiday tour, and shall in no case include any consequential loss or additional expense whatsoever.
- The prices quoted in the itineraries have been calculated at the rate prevailing at the time of sending you the quote. The Company reserves the right to amend the prices quoted to you in it?s itineraries in case of currency fluctuations, increase in cost of fuel, changes in current tax structure, ticket cost increases, transport cost increases due to change of route necessitated by factors beyond our control, before the date of departure or even during the tour and to surcharge accordingly. Whenever applicable all such increases must be paid in full before departure. This holds good for increase in costs by independent contractors.
- For the comfort and convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes reverse the direction or slightly amend the itinerary. We will try and advise you of these amendments prior to the start of the tour or on the tour.
- Any additional stay in the hotel will be on client’s account.
- Vouchers once issued are non-refundable.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS:
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing either directly to Adventure Gurudongma or through your travel agent. The following charges will apply when cancellation is made by the tour member:
Number of days before tour commencement Cancellation charge as % of total price
More than 45 days: 25% of the package cost
45-30 days: 50% of the package cost
29-20 days: 75% of the package cost
19 days and below including no-show: 100% of the package cost
No refund will be made after our tour has commenced or in respect of any tours, transfers and accommodation or any other services not utilised.
- This trip is for people who enjoy the out doors and are well aware of the limitations of the outdoors & remote areas.
- Medical Insurance is recommended. Vaccinations advised for Hepatitis A, Polio, Typhoid and Tetanus. A course of anti-malaria tablets is recommended. Do not touch stray dogs, cats, monkeys, etc.
- First aid kit: While medicines and aid is readily available, it is good to have an emergency kit of Band-Aids, antiseptic ointment, diarrhea tablets, anti-allergy tablets, sterile syringes, sutures and needles.
- Mineral / bottled water of Bisleri brand is recommended for consumption.
- Carry casual and comfortable and adequate clothing for travelling. Sun hat, sun protection lotions, and other cosmetics as per personal needs. Extra camera film should be carried along with an X-ray- proof bag.
- One can convert the foreign exchange upon arrival at the airport or in a bank in any of the major cities. Please insist on encashment certificate as this will be helpful in converting Indian currency back to foreign currency.
- As trade of all species is banned in India, purchase of items such as peacock feathers and any other animal products is forbidden. Similarly, please discourage snake charmers, monkey and bear shows.
- Use minimum non-bio-degradable material, such as plastics, cans, etc.
- Tips may be given collectively to ensure fair distribution