25 DAYS BHUTAN PARO TO SAMRUDJONKAR
- Day 01: Arrive Delhi or Calcutta, India, depending on flight overnight in Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly Delhi/Calcutta to Paro ,Arrive at Paro ,afternoon Birding around Paro.
- Day 03: Early morning birding at Chelela Pass .Evening Drive to Thimphu (2240m) with birding stops along the way. Overnight in Thimphu at Hotel.
- Day 04: AM: Birding north of Thimphu at Jigme Dorji National Park in the Cheri valley, @2564m. PM: Sightseeing in Thimphu. Overnight at Thimpu at Hotel.
- Day 05: AM departure; along central highway to Dochala (3150m); bird east side of pass by walking the highway. Drive to Punakha and visit Punakha dzong. Drive north along Mo Chu (river) towards Jigme Dorji NP, birding along road to Shatem campsite (1670m) Camp overnight in tents.option is overnight in hotel.
- Day 06: AM: Bird upriver (north) from campsite in the national park. PM:
Bird down river from campsite.
- Day 07: AM: Depart for Gangtey with stops en route as we climb towards Pelela. PM: Leave the central highway, turning south towards Gangtey and walk from near the Gangteyla pass at 3358m down into the Phobjika valley. Visit Gangtey Gompa. Night at Guest House (2960m).
- Day 08: AM departure for Pelela (3412m). Birding walk down the old road (3375-3000m), stopping for picnic lunch. Drive to Trongsa ,(2290m) overnight.
- Day 09: AM Leave Trongsa on the Zhemgang road. Many stops in various habitats and altitudes. Arrive at Tingtibi campsite at (8-900m).
- Day 10: Drive above camp to about 1100 m, gradually birding back down to camp . Bird trail near camp overnite in camp.
- Day 11: Am Drive up road 1.5 hrs to good forest above Zhemgang at 1775m. Bird north along road through varying altitudes (as low as 1040m) to an improvised roadside campsite at around 1800m.Overnite in camp.
- Day 12:, alternately walking and driving road through a succession of altitudes and moister/drier habitats back to Trongsa, Overnight again at Trongsa
- Day 13: AM departure, ascending Yotongla (3275m) and birding down from summit. Visit hand-made textile centre in Chumi valley. Overnight, Jakar, 2490m.
- Day 14: AM over Shertangla (3418m) thence through Ura valley (28-2900m), up Thrumsingla (3757m), and down to Sengor campsite (@3000m).
- Day 15: Birding down the famed Lingmethang road from Sengor camp past Namling to Yongkhola campsite at 1535m.
- Day 16: Namling: Full days birding around Namling. Overnight at camp.
- Day 17: AM: Drive back up road, birding at various altitudes up to @2150m. PM: Back down road past camp to as low as @550m and on to Mongar (1565m) with assorted birding stops.
- Day 18: AM: Depart near 05:00 heading east to Korila @2307m. PM: Retrace route back westwards through Mongar for overnight stay.
- Day 19: Drive to Trashigang ( 90 kms) and the drive takes about 3 hours. Overnight at Trashigang-enroute birding.
- Day 20 : AM Depart near 05.00 am to Rongthung& Kanglung area for birding. O/n Trashigang
- Day 21 : Drive to Narphungla ( 130 km) and O/n camp.
- Day 22 : AM birding around the Narphungla ( 1700m).
- Day 23 : AM Birding around Deothang and between Samdrup Jongkhar( 250m) and Deothang ( 850m).
- Day 24 : AM birding around the same area and ovenight hotel in Samdrup Jongkhar.
- Day 25 : Exit to Gauhati Assam.India
GUIDELINES FOR TOURISTS
- 1. Tourism Policy of the Royal Government of Bhutan
All tourists must travel on a pre-planned, prepaid, guided package tour. Independent travel is not permitted.
- 2. Booking & Reservations of tours
Book your tours with us. Our associates in Bhutan will operate your tour. Our Tour Manager cum birding guide will be present throughout to ensure service as per itinerary.
Your tour will be operated, within the parameters laid down by the Royal Government of Bhutan.
To avoid hitches, please book your tour as much in advance as possible. It is necessary to go firm on exact dates of entry and exit, in order to ensure confirmed bookings with Drukair, which offers only 71 seats per flight.
- 3. How to get to Bhutan
By air, Bhutan is approachable only through Drukair from Bangkok, Calcutta, Delhi, Dhaka, Kathmandu and Yangoon.
By the land route, you can reach or exit via Phuentsholing, on the Indian border. Thimphu, the Capital, is 06 hrs away from Phuentsholing, whilst the nearest Indian airport of Bagdogra is 04 hrs away. Driving time from Darjeeling is 06 hrs, from Kalimpong it is 05 hrs and from Gangtok in Sikkim it is 08 hrs to Phuentsholing.
Please note that whilst you can enter and exit via the air route. You can use the land route either for entry or exit, and not both ways unless there is no seat available on Drukair.
- 4. Procedure for entry documents
- Step 1: Book your tour with us. We will arrange for your entry documents and the operation of the tour, with our associates, who are registered in Bhutan. We will intimate the full amount due on your account.
- Step 2: To process your visa, send the following details by email or fax
1) Full name
3) Date & place of birth
5) Passport number
6) Date of issue
7) Place of issue
8) Date of expiry
- Step 3. (Simultaneously with Step 2), Electronically transfer full payment, for the tour plus Drukair fare into the designated Royal Government account, to be specified by us.
- Step 4. Send us fax copy of intimation giving details of transfer of funds. This will enable our associates in Bhutan, to obtain the clearance number for your air ticket from the Bhutan authorities.
- Step 5. On receipt of intimation of payment, and approval of visa, a clearance number will be provided to Drukair Bhutan Office. On the basis of this number, your confirmed tickets will be dispatched to the outstation office at the place from where you will be boarding the flight into Bhutan. We will reconfirm your tour and intimate you the address and contact numbers of the city office concerned. Tickets can also be delivered at airport, or sent to you by courier.
In case you are only returning via air, your tickets will be handed over when you arrive in Bhutan.
- Step 6. On arrival at Paro airport in Bhutan or at Phuentsholing – if using land entry point, your Bhutan visa will be stamped on your passport, for a fee of USD 45 to be paid by you. Your Tour Manager, and Bhutanese Guide will greet you, as you arrive.
All this may sound very complicated – but in practice it works. Our associates in Bhutan will ensure smooth passage. For this we need to send them visa application and full payments, as per Step 2 & 3.
- 5. Accommodation
Hotel accommodation is provided at Thimphu, Paro, Phuentsholing, and Wangdue. At other places, you will stay at lodges, and guest houses with simple neat and clean rooms and toilets. Fully serviced camps will be set up in other remoter locations.
- 6. Cuisine
Indian, Bhutanese, Chinese, and continental dishes are available.
Japanese or Korean luxury vehicles with experienced and dependable drivers are provided.
- 8. Tariff
The Royal Government has fixed a standard tariff. This is irrespective of hotel accommodation, lodges or camping. The tariff is USD 250 per night.(For four people an special rate of USD 250 only per night)
(a) The land cost Includes –
• Accommodation on twin share
• Transport with driver
• Trained and licensed guide
• All meals
• Sightseeing. Ongoing cultural events and festivals
• Airport reception, land and airport transfers
• Portage, tour leader, staff, camping facilities and all meals on treks / angling trips
(b) The land cost does NOT include –
• Airfare and airport taxes
• Single room supplement
• Bar and laundry
• Mineral Water
• Visa fee
• Sleeping bags and mats whilst camping.
Will be charged for groups of less than 03 persons.
An extra charge of USD 40 per night on tariff is levied on a group consisting of 01 person only and USD 40 per person per night for a group of 02 persons.
(d) Single Supplement
Single occupancy will be provided on request. Single room request supplemental charge of USD 40 per night will be levied.
- 9. Insurance
No insurance is catered for. Please obtain cover for life, baggage and accident.
- 10. Cancellations
All cancellations must be given in writing.
Cancellation charges are 10 percent of the tour price within 15 days of the start of the tour. No refund is permissible for a notice period of lesser than 15 days
- 11. Air Routes
Current air routes by Drukair:-
These are subject to change at short notice.
(a) Bangkok – Paro
(b) Calcutta – Paro
(c) Delhi –Paro
(d) Dhaka – Paro
(e) Kathmandu – Paro
(f) Yangon – Paro